Tuesday 30 September 2014

SUE, BARRY & A LITTLE SERENDIPITY - A TEA PARTY WEDDING & DAVID AUSTIN ROSES - JULY 2014


Although I spend a lot of time marketing and promoting myself, the majority of my bookings come from the very kind referrals and recommendations I receive from previous clients or lovely wedding guests I've met along the way.....

Earlier this year, I received a phone call from the lovely Sue, a nervous bride-to-be. She was getting married in July and, for one reason or another, had lost confidence in the photographer she had previously booked. 

She explained to me that on a train journey as part of a routine business trip, she had found herself sitting next to Clarrie, a fellow bride-to-be, and the two of them got chatting. As they talked about their wedding plans, Clarrie explained that I had been the photographer at her friend's wedding back in 2012. Clarrie was bridesmaid then, but loved the photos so much that she booked me for her own October 2014 wedding.  Clarrie shared my website with Sue and this conversation was enough for Sue to cancel the booking she had made with her previous photographer and make a booking with me later that same week.

When you work for yourself, it can be really overwhelming trying to spin all the plates, all the time. It's great knowing that I have people helping me out in this way. I'm so grateful to all the people who support my business! This Saturday I'll be off to Birmingham to photograph Clarrie's wedding.  Two and a half years after we first met, I'm really looking forward to seeing her and all her friends again.

With this serendipitous tale at the forefront of my mind this week, I thought now would be the perfect time to share Sue & Barry's lovely wedding with you. If it hadn't been for that train journey, I never would have heard from Sue. It's funny how things work out! I loved meeting Sue & Barry, they are the sort of people who always put others first and it was a real pleasure to get to know them. 




































































No comments:

Post a Comment